1) Spartacus: Blood and Sand.
You so know he would've been on this like white on rice.
2) The last season of The Lair
Mandusa. I cannot stop laughing, and I know he would've ROFL'd, too.
Just for fun, I thought I'd think of five random things I remembered about Stuart before I went to bed:
1. At some point in our late teens or early 20s, he owned a used blue Porsche 914, which he liked to drive really fast, especially when he insisted on making sharp turns while laughing maniacally. This would either thrill me or make me wet myself in fear.
2. One year he had to work alone in an office on Christmas Day -- and managed to seduce a maintenance worker who happened to be outside cleaning the windows. I pretended to be shocked -- but I was also deeply in awe.
3. He never did drag, but I have letters from him signed, "Countess Lesbiadora von WeenieLips"
4. I don't think he ever refused anything with chocolate in it.
5. This may be a funny thing to say as a friend, but I thought he had a nice penis. (And somewhere as I type this he's going "what? on the internet? Bitch!" Well, I was kinda jealous of it too, like a lot of things. He played the fun-loving older brother to my nerdy younger brother but it worked out fine, I think.
I think having good memories about good friends is one of the best gifts we can, and should, allow ourselves.
Just wanted to mark the anniversary today. I've missed Stuart quite a bit this past year, and think about him often.
This weekend I'm going to CON.TXT and have a little surprise for folks as a way to remember him. I'm really looking forward to meeting the people he introduced me to in 2008 again.
I really, really miss you man.
Happy 46th, sweetie. I'm pretending we found some old theater somewhere showing "Faster Pussycat Kill Kill" after a meal of mediocre Chinese food (which of course I would never dream of telling you was actually mediocre) and then drinking vodka mind-erasers while ogling some buff thing behind the bar. Then you would crack your knuckles and say "let's do some karaoke," except this time I'd actually say, "sure."
It's been a while, but thankfully I have plenty of things that remind me of Stuart. He is so not forgotten. I'm also going out to visit San Diego in a couple of weeks, so he's been on my mind, especially since I'll be getting together with mutual friends there.
Is anyone attending CON.TXT in June? It'll be right around the anniversary of Stuart's passing, and I spoke with one of the organizers and I know they're planning a few informal/small things to remember Stuart. I'll be there, if for no other reason to carry one some small part of his legacy (i.e., a gay guy who's not afraid to talk about gay sex to slash writers!). Plus, you know, really awesome people that Stuart introduced me to two years ago when he paid for my membership just so he could hook me on slash. :)